Monday, April 2, 2007

Sometimes not being able to remember is the best possible thing

"Do you know I can't remember the last time we kissed. Cause you never think the last time is the last time. You think there'll be more. You think you have forever but you don't." -Meredith (Grey's Anatomy)

You know what I think? I think it's supposed to be that way, I think it protects us from the intense and raw pain that we would feel if we knew we were doing something or being with someone for the last time. It is better that we experience moments how they are supposed to be experienced rather than having the knowledge that something is ending because then we try too hard; we over-think things and we're so focused on trying to remember how things feel right in this moment that we can't actually just experience it. I think this affords us a certain amount of peace and most certainly in my case saves me from myself.

Labels: , ,

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home