Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Top reasons I'm the worst roomate imaginable

Ok so I have failed thus far to mention the fact that I live in an Honors Dorm. You know for, like, smart people or something. Believe you me it is every bit as boring and mundane as it sounds. The most exciting "party" that has ever happened inside these walls is the night my roommate had 5 people over (all at once!!!!!!) to watch a movie, oh the craziness. There was no booze no sex and no drugs just infinite hours of movie watching that I missed because I was off getting wasted with my cousin (it just happened to be my 21st b-day). In the morning when I finally woke up and wondered how I even got back here the only remnants of the insane night before; you know the one full of movie watching and then more movie watching for good measure, was an empty pack of Oreo's and an empty Diet Coke bottle but I digress. Oh and my roommate the first year, no joke plastered the walls with pictures of Disney Princesses that she had actually traced and colored herself....yikes! There are perks to living here of course, our own bathroom, registering for classes first (no 7:30 a.m. or Friday classes for this girl!!!)and ummmm...well that's all I got for now but I'm sure there's more.

Anyways both of the roommates I have had since I have been here had the exact same strategy on move-out day, throw everything into their car as quickly as possible and literally race to their therapists office in hopes of curing the twitching that resulted from co-existing for two semesters with yours truly.

It is safe to say that I do not consider myself a typical "honors student". Yes I am smart and yes I prefer to do well in class but I'm not gonna kill myself to get there and it is not the focus of my entire life, in other words it's all good but the work, it will not turn me into a lifeless blob. So in the spirit of all of this dorm talk let me tell you why I feel people hate living with me.

Maybe its the 2 a.m. showers and blow drying that occur roughly four hours after my roommate has gone to bed

Or the times (more often than not) that I forget to turn my cellphone volume down at night. Consequently, I wake up with 5 missed calls that came in at completely ridiculous hours that I was lucky enough to sleep through but my roommate...she was not and I can tell by the death glares she is shooting me from across the room.

Perhaps its the way I manage to take up most all the space in the fridge leaving her a total of 1 square inch area in which to keep all her items.

Then there's also the clutter as noted in my post a few weeks ago

And the fact that I have a Brazilian boyfriend who really doesn't understand English all that well therefore I am constantly compelled to talk very loudly and have conversations along the lines of "NO I DIDN'T SAY DICK I SAID CLICK....ON THE COMPUTER....IN THAT MENU THAT SAYS PICTURES....IT'S RIGHT THERE YOU IDIOT...OH NEVERMIND JUST GO BACK TO BRAZIL AT LEAST YOU KNOW THE LANGUAGE....OK I LOVE YOU TOO BYE." (you know those fiery latin types, they don't take insults seriously, they have thick skin, they have to you know for when they swim to America lol) This occurs everyday many, many times and in a tone of voice that can be heard throughout an entire 4-block radius because if you just speak louder, LOUDER, he will suddenly understand.

But most of all its probably because I am an only child who has never had to share much of anything. More specifically the t.v. during prime time and if you want to take the remote during that time you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands (which is a very real possibility given the selfishness with which I seem to live)

Labels:

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home