Friday, July 6, 2007

Why even pursue a degree if I know I'll eventually revert to not being able to do something as simple as fill out a timecard?

Why oh why why why why why is it so hard for otherwise intelligent people to fill out time cards???? You see I work in an office at a library and we're kinda old school. We still fill out our time cards by hand, you know the ones where you write in the numbers and fill in the bubbles etcetera etcetera. And I, being the lucky girl that I am, get to check all these time cards on a bi-weekly basis....with my eyes, and correct them....with my hand and a pencil. What these people don't understand is that a computer (which eventually processes the time cards after being repeatedly reviewed by me)cannot generalize. A machine cannot interpret what you meant to write versus what you actually wrote nor can it finish filling in the bubbles for you if you "just get it started". These people have advanced degrees and they cannot write a few numbers and fill in the corresponding bubbles completely. It's a sad day folks. A sad and annoying day.

p.s. Do you ever write a whole post that is awesome and completely embodies all things good in the world and then you accidentally delete it and write a new one and publish it and then keep editing it because you want it to be the exact wording of the previous one except in the back of your mind you know the first one was a masterpiece and nothing will ever, I repeat ever, be the same again???? Not that I did that with this post or anything. I'm just sayin.

Labels: ,

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home