Thursday, May 15, 2008

Couldn't we have something less conspicuous than hot pink?

It started with a cute little "skin tag" on my dog Roxies ear, it was no problem a cute little identifying mark even, until... (dun dun dun) through an unfortunate series of events she spent a couple weeks as the most messed up dog ever.

The tail (ha! get it) of Roxies most messed up looking few weeks ever began with the aforementioned "skin-tag" growing and needing to be removed because it was actually a fatty tumor and if we didn't take it off RIGHT THIS SECOND she might lose her ear (or something to that effect). So, good, fine, we schedule the procedure and the vet says she may as well do a dental while Rox is under because though I hate to admit it and am in utter and total denial about this fact- she's no spring chicken. Again we say ok, good, fine (though last time the vet saw her teeth a couple months ago she said, and I quote "her teeth are fine...awwwww they're kinda cute, she looks like she's from West Virginia") Fast forward to the day of doom, it's 6:30, I'm at the office to pick her up and out trudges this pathetic looking, shaved leg, matted hair, bandaged ear dog which after picking my jaw up off the floor I realized was in fact my princess Rox. I swear she looked like she had just fought in a war or wrestled Maggie for the last bite of kibble. I get her to the car and we're riding home, she's still a bit doped up and I'm making small talk, fun times. At one point when we were almost home she turned to pull something out of her hair and growled at herself because she didn't realize that she was the one doing it. So we think the ordeal is over. Messed up hair and some stitches? Eh we can deal with that no problem. But then....

A week later a sore developed on Roxie's side which the vet said was a reaction to the anesthesia. They shaved my beautiful long haired dog's side to drain it. So now she has matted hair, stitched ear, shaved leg (from the iv), shaved side, gaping wound, and then to add insult to injury she cannot lick the wound so she must wear a hot pink foam neck brace (do you hear that noise? that is the sound of me weeping.) Oh yeah and did I mention that a couple days before that she had been sleeping in the driveway under our truck which we had just had rust-proofed and she got black grease all over her white hair and we had to cut it out in big chunks and there was still a little grease left. So just to recap: matted hair, stitched ear, shaved leg, shaved side, gaping wound, hot-pink neck brace, choppy haircut, stained with grease. Then we arrive home and I'm petting her and I feel a new "skin tag", shit! I feel so bad for her that I'm gonna go buy her a pony. What do you think?


Hot pink neck brace-do not want. A pony? yes pleeeeze

Labels: ,

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home