Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm on the beach (the south beach that is)

Oh man where did the holiday break go??? It's back to classes for me on Monday :( On a brighter note I have been doing phase one of the South Beach Diet (yes it now deserves proper capitalization) for 9 and a half days and upon last check (yesterday) have lost 11 lbs!!!! It was sooo hard at first but right as my fourteen days are drawing to a close I have started to get used to it. Hopefully this will lay a good foundation for a more balanced and healthy diet when phase one is over! Okay enough boring diet talk on to other stuff like ummmmmmmmmmm............. how my family was out to dinner on Sunday night and V said she didn't feel good and got up to go to the bathroom and halfway there vomited and passed out. I don't mean fell gracefully to the floor I mean face first straight down sprawled on the floor. She is absolutely never sick so this was an emergency. The people at the restaurant called 911 and they came; V was kinda in and out of consciousness but breathing and after an agonizing assessment the paramedics said that all her stats checked out and it was probably just sudden onset flu and that's "just how it hits these days." Well my mom has taken classes in the medical field and decided to take V to the brand new 24 hour emergency center/hospital that they had just built right behind the restaurant which coincidentally happens to also be the hospital that my mom works for(what luck huh?) Turns out they couldn't get blood because she was dehydrated so they're treating it like the flu but gave her some stuff for the stomach pain she said she'd been having and told her to make an appointment at the doctor. She made said appointment and guess what? It was not, in fact, sudden onset flu but more than likely her gall bladder (we'll find out for sure today or Monday) so now I can stop incessantly scrubbing everything that she has ever touched. I do not do well with anything medical (I am deathly afraid of hospitals, doctors offices, and anything to do with unwellness) but somehow I managed to not pass out right there with her and instead sit with my grandpa while my mom helped V and then drive her puke soaked pathetic looking self to the hospital. I am proud of me and uber (I once promised myself that I would never use that expression cause I hate it so much) glad that V is okay aside from some indigestion and a possible surgery looming in her future.

Oh yeah and that reminds me (though I'm not entirely sure why) I had the weirdest dreams last night, I dreamt that me and my cousins went to Sea World and got to feed snow peas to Shamu and friends and they went crazy and loved us and let us pet them and waved to us and did all their cute little whale-y tricks. Then my cousins ditched me and my mom and v came and I wanted to show them the wondrous snow pea tricks except there was a huge crowd and we couldn't break through. Then finally some employee thought that my mom was a zoologist and took me to the front of the line but not my mom so it was pointless. Weird huh?

Also I've had two dreams in the past month about someone trying to take my dog Maggie away from me. In the first one my mom is prying her from my death grip trying to take her to the pound and my face is buried in her hair and shes all tear and snot soaked because I'm crying and yelling hysterically and then in the next one some guy has Maggie lined up and he tells me that if he shoots her I can get a brand new dog and I feel a surge of excitement about the new dog but then I realize that he's going to fucking shoot Maggie so I run and push her out of the way and we leave; a girl and her dog. Then last night as I was talking to my mom she told me "Nicole, if something ever happens to V I will have to find a home for Maggie."

WHAT???? My family is not the type that ever part with pets (until they're dead of course) we're not the type to get a dog and decide hmmm she's just not working out lets find her a new home oh no no no we work through the problems and give all our adopted babies a forever home regardless of how disobedient they may be at times. So with that in mind my jaw hit the floor. I mean I know my mom doesn't have the time or the energy to exercise her the way she needs to be exercised (oh cheese and rice does she need to be exercised) but dude! no. never happening. So if my moms partner V kicks it I will be set to inherit one high-strung but amazing white german shepherd huskie mix. And thus, I believe, the reason for the dreams.

Sorry for the long mish-mash post and God bless you if you made it all the way through. And coming up in the next post: Why my dad uttered the words "Inter-racial dating will result in the utter destruction of society." (smacks forehead)

Labels: , , , ,

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home