Saturday, May 5, 2007

Thursday night I smelled summer

I would live through a thousand bad days just to smell the scent of summer. Summer has a distinct scent and I never seem to notice as it fades away in the fall but that second when it starts to smell like summer again, I look forward to that day every year.

Summer brings with it endless possibilities; everyone's more relaxed and the days stretch out in front of you. It's a time for vacations and picnics and sun-tans, for going out on leisurely boat rides, and for going swimming in the warm evening air. Summer makes me feel alive.

And sometimes I think that I need to get out of Ohio, to someplace with a warmer climate but then I would never have that pivotal day every year when I get to experience the wonder of smelling summer and everything that it holds in store, all over again.

Labels:

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home